Me

Me

Tuesday 6 August 2019

Birthdays and holidays!

Last week we were on the beautiful Isle of Wight for our holiday. We had some lovely days out, visiting a windmill, water mill, donkey sanctuary, steam railway and Blackgang Chine, plus a wonderful day on the beach. 

Now we're back to reality but it's the summer holidays! Lots of fun packed days ahead before the new school year begins.

Today I've been remembering my grandad who would have been 94 years old. He died when he was 56 and I was only 11. I still miss him every day.

Henry turned 4 a couple of weeks ago and Daisy's birthday is fast approaching, but tomorrow we celebrate another special birthday. Our dog Jake will be 18! We've been so lucky to have this many years with him. 

Sadly our lovely hen 'Sandy Chick Chick' died the day before we went on holiday. It was very sudden and the children were devastated. She was 12 and had a wonderfully happy life. She even laid an egg that morning. She used to join me in the kitchen all the time and the children adored her. We miss her dreadfully.

I have lots of projects planned and a huge 'to do' list but we are loving the slower pace of the summer holidays. Tomorrow we have a doggy birthday cake to bake and I bought some special flour at the mill to bake bread. Home baking brings me such joy.

Mandy x

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely holiday. Sorry about Sandy Chick Chick but animals do sound to be long-lived in your establishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes they do! I think it may be because they're a bit spoilt ☺️

      Delete