In our house, Sunday is a family day and we end it with a fancy tea in the living room.
Daisy has always loved baking and this is what we made together for tea...
A Victoria sandwich
A chocolate sandwich cake
Little fairy cakes with white icing and a glacé cherry on the top.
Chocolate fairy cakes with either chocolate sprinkles or smarties on the top.
These fairy cakes have jelly tots (Daisy's choice!) finally some little coconut and cherry buns. Here's the recipe...
1 cup self-raising flour
Pinch of salt
1 cup coconut
Glacé cherries or jam
1. Rub the marg into the flour and salt.
2. Mix in the sugar, coconut and milk (add a little at a time to make a soft dough but not sticky)
3. Bring together then divide into 9 balls.
4. Put on a greased baking tray and make a hole in the top with your thumb.
5. Fill with jam or leave empty if choosing cherries, then brush with a little milk.
6. Bake for 10 mins at 230
7. Leave to cool then add cherries if you want.
Sunday lunch! I'm not that greedy really...it's nearly all veg ;)
One of Daisy's favourites for pudding...raspberry jelly.
I love Sundays! Does anyone else eat a roast on Sunday?