Me

Me

Saturday 5 December 2015

Aiming for January!

Hi everyone, just a quick hello from me! Things have been very difficult here and I haven't been in the mood to blog. I'm hoping that life will get easier after Christmas and I can settle down back to some kind of normality with the children. 

We are busy with Christmas too and I will share some photos of my Christmas baking when I can. Daisy and I have been doing a little baking and cooking but I always forget to photograph it!


Rock cakes


Charlotte's birthday cake


Cornflake cakes


My easy cauliflower cheese...simply chop the cauliflower quite small, pour over a pot of double cream, a flick of parsley and black pepper, then some grated cheese on top. I bake it in the oven while the meat is cooking (covered with foil to begin with) and this one was with pork chops. I've found this to be an excellent substitution for mash. I actually feel full up. 

Finally...


Daisy's advent calendar...dairy free :)

I hope all your Christmas preparations are going well. Please feel free to share any Christmas thrifty tips you have in the comments below. It's all about the children for us so I won't be doing a huge food shop as I normally would...just a few treats really.

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment