Me

Me

Monday 18 January 2016

Daisy's special day and a photo catch up...

Hi everyone 

Today is a really special day for Daisy because she's starting nursery! She's definitely ready and I know she's going to love it. 

I decided not to make or talk about my plans for the new year on the 1st January because already this year has been unkind to us. I'm feeling more positive now and last week brought fantastic news to our little family. I'm doing a separate post on that though :)

I have been making general plans of what I want to achieve this year and I will share these in a separate post too. 

So here's a little update with a few photos from this year so far...



A lovely beef joint gifted to us :)



That lovely beef on my plate! Hubby cooked a delicious roast that day.


Daisy's memory quilt that I'm slowly making. I'm using her old clothes that couldn't be used again and cutting out hexagons to make patchwork. It's going to be quite big! I love a project that you can dip into when there's a few spare moments.


A baby blanket for Henry that I've nearly finished. I love knitting and need to get back into it!


What I eat most days now!


My low carb diet doesn't allow for rice with my curry, but this was delicious and all homemade.


A Victoria sponge cake for a very special family we travelled to visit last week :)


Easy chocolate krispie cakes


Road trip!!


Veg prepped for roasting


Treat night steak!


Yum!


Snow!!

That's it for today,

Mandy x




4 comments:

  1. Great photos, looking forward to reading about your plans and aspirations for the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Daisy and looking forward to hearing your plans x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless Daisy big steps for her and you. love your hexagons I am also making a hexagon quilt for our new home :-) have a lovely week, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mandy,
    wow nursery, doesnt time fly, she will love it im sure.
    Some lovely pics there and cant wait to hear all your news, so dont keep us hanging in suspense too long :-)
    Sounds like you have been really busy the last couple of months.
    I am doing quite well with the low spend, i have done my "big" monthly shop for less than £100 and have plenty of everything to last us for a while. I have been batch cooking and freezing stuff and using up what we already have in store in cupboards and freezers.
    Look forward to all your latest news, jane xx

    ReplyDelete