Me

Me

Monday 14 August 2017

A busy day in the kitchen

Hi everyone

It's been a busy day and I've hardly left the kitchen. I actually spend most of my time in the kitchen really. Henry loves to play with his cars and diggers by my feet as I cook. Daisy's up on her little stool cooking or baking with me, or sat at the table drawing. 

Last night I sorted out my freezers so I had everything ready for my batch cooking. 

Today started with a little grocery delivery to use up my voucher. I won't need to shop for a while now. 

Once the shopping was put away I started cooking. The freezer now has six individual minced beef and onion pies ready and half a large chicken pie (half was eaten for tea). Tomorrow we will batch cook again.

There was some pastry left over so Daisy made some jam tarts (half for the cake tin and half into the freezer. I let Daisy choose what else to bake and we already have some chocolate cake left in the tin so she chose rock cakes...


So we've made a good start to stocking the freezer.

Back tomorrow 

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment