Me

Me

Friday 7 December 2018

Christmas is creeping in...

Hi everyone,

This year I decided to do Christmas gradually instead of the usual rush. I've been squirrelling away since September and feel so much better for it. I've even wrapped some presents! 

The vintage decorations are up and the real tree will follow soon. This year I have garlands and tinsel and baubles from the 60s/70s. The grandchildren have simple card advent calendars which I found sealed (old 80s shop stock) with pictures and no chocolate. Auntie Charlotte bought them chocolate (dairy free) ones too. 

I love these Christmas tins I found in tesco...


I will reuse them each year and fill them with home baked Christmas treats. Speaking of baking, I had a big fail yesterday! I had a spare loaf going a bit dry so we made bread pudding for tea. Henry loves baking as much as Daisy now and had great fun squishing all the soggy bread! It was a simple recipe which meant he was really involved in every step, although he was more interested in picking out the dried peel and eating it! The end result looked good...



Sadly it was not enjoyed though. I think the texture was unfamiliar to them so we won't be making that again!

This however was a result...


Spotted by Charlotte on Facebook. I now have a sideboard and somewhere to store the board games and photographs. A bargain at £15. I also picked up two dressing tables and a chest of drawers. Furniture was built to last back then! 

A busy weekend is ahead with Christmas baking and letters to Father Christmas to be written. 

Such a special time of year.

Mandy x 

4 comments:

  1. I think I've been better at Christmas preparation this year. I always start early but this year has been a more sustained effort and I've been writing down as I go so I can see how I need to change next year. I feel fairly calm about Christmas - but there are no small children in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also feel calm, not putting pressure on myself. The children are so excited already! I definitely need to start writing lists again though.

      Delete
  2. Love the sideboard!!.All my furniture is vintage.I could never imagine looking around a furniture store and buying something!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debi! I've almost transformed our home to be vintage but not the big pieces of furniture yet. So happy with my £10 dressing table too!

      Delete