Me

Me

Wednesday 12 December 2018

Homemade but simple!

Hi everyone!

At this busy time of year it would be so easy to bung some freezer food in the oven for tea, but instead I make little shortcuts when I'm short on time. Yesterday was one of those days so I made quiche for tea...



It doesn't look perfect but it was delicious! I used bought shortcrust (although not ready rolled) and baked it for 15 minutes. I then whisked up six eggs with a good slosh of cream that needed using up. I put thinly sliced onion on the pastry base and a couple of handfuls of grated cheese. The egg mixture was poured over next and a sprinkle of parsley. I then baked it until set and golden brown. 

A little cheat not making my own pastry, but that gave me a little longer to wrap presents. The children break up for Christmas holidays next week so I need to be all organised! 

I hope your Christmas preparations are going well,

Mandy x 

8 comments:

  1. If you can't cheat in December the world needs reorganising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely and I have big plans for January. Lots of home cooking and very little processed food!

      Delete
  2. Not a huge cheat. I keep frozen puff pastry and filo ready in my freezer. Good to see you back x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi (sorry I don't know your name)
      I haven't made puff pastry since I was at school so always have that shop bought but usually make shortcrust x

      Delete
  3. It looks yummy, I cheat even more and make a crustless quiche.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret, I haven't made a crustless quiche in ages...good idea!

      Delete