Me

Me

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Toad in the hole.

Morning everyone,

Today is all about getting back into some sort of routine. School starts again tomorrow (although Henry doesn't go back until Monday) and hubby is back at work. It's been lovely getting up later and not being governed by time, but we are craving some normality now. 

Yesterday I made toad in the hole for lunch. I don't do potatoes with it as the Yorkshire pudding is sufficient. We had cauliflower, Savoy cabbage, carrots, peas and homemade gravy. I make my gravy with flour, reduced salt oxo cubes and the vegetable water. Daisy doesn't like sausages so she has roasted carrots in her Yorkshire pudding instead. 



It didn't look this yellow in real life! 

While the lunch was cooking I made a four egg sponge mixture. With the children helping, I filled one bun tin and the rest went on top of some golden syrup to make pudding. We ate pudding before I remembered to take a photo!  It's a pudding we have quite often so they'll be another opportunity. 

At teatime we had hot buttered crumpets with cheese and the little cakes decorated with buttercream and jelly tots.



Today I shall be in the kitchen again and will hopefully remember to take photos!  

Have a wonderful day,

Mandy x 

2 comments:

  1. We had toad in the hole yesterday, I put stuffing balls in mine along with the sausages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh what a lovely idea...I may need to pinch that one!

      Delete