Me

Me

Monday 23 April 2012

The weekend

Hi,

I'm still annoyed, but the weekend was good.

We did another carboot sale on Saturday and I took £70!!! That's a lot of stuff decluttered because I brought back 6 empty plastic boxes. I sold my stuff for 10p, 20p, 50p or £1. We were swarming with customers and a little hectic at times, but well worth it.

I have decided that I should only keep things that are beautiful or useful. I am a dreadful hoarder and keep things just-in-case they may be needed one day. Every piece of ribbon or buttons are saved, bubble wrap and envelopes, the list is endless, but I have to stop! I am keen to recycle and make things out of recycled materials, but I haven't got the space. My utility room is full of crates for carbooting and ebaying, sewing and crafting. My aim is to sell as much as possible so I can have my utility room back. What's the point in having a beautiful oak worktop (which my husband made) and a lovely belfast sink with smart cupboards and a quarry tiled floor, if I can't see any of it???

I've had a really bad headache today (which began yesterday) so I've pottered about, but I have organised my junk ready to sell again next week.

My daughter has handcrafted some lovely jewellery, but people just aren't interested at boot sales because they want everything for 10p!!! She also hand paints mugs which are beautiful. We want to sell at craft fairs one day, so I have encouraged her to increase her stock. I collect vintage items but want to part with most of it because I need to raise cash for my other daughter for when there will be a big event in September. This is our dream, it's just a question of how to put it into practice.

So I'm happy with the money I made for Alice and also I had my hair cut. Not very exciting to most people, but I haven't had it cut since December and now I actually have a hairstyle!

Tomorrow I plan to have shifted this horrible headache and get selling/crafting.

Mandy x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy, wow thats great selling at the carboot thats a nice amount of money ;-) Its lovely to get your hair cut makes you feel so much better. So sorry to hear you have a headache i hope you wake up tommorrow feeling refreshed and its gone. Your daughter should do a little fair somewhere she will love it. Have a great week, dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, we're going to do another carboot on Saturday to keep clearing the clutter. We are trying to get as much money together as possible for my youngest - we have lots of things to buy for September.

      My headache has finally gone! I don't get them very often, but when I do, they're bad.

      I will keep an eye on how you get on at your first fair. This will inspire Charlotte to have a go! I've been trying to leave comments on your blog, but each time it disappears :-(

      I gave up my job as a teaching assistant in November and haven't had any regrets yet. I admire you for having the guts to take the plunge. Our children are precious and they always come first don't they. You don't appreciate how important good health is until it's gone and I have learnt to push my fears aside and ensure I am there for my children. Money is tight, but we are doing ok and time is far more precious than money.

      You have a good week too,

      Mandy x

      Delete
  2. Bless you. Thank you. Im glad to hear your headache has gone. You could try signing out of blogger and signing back in again sometimes that works. Good luck, dee x

    ReplyDelete