Me

Me

Tuesday 10 May 2016

A new challenge...

Hi everyone,

Well I'm back again already! I've set myself a new challenge to use up what we have, reduce any waste to nothing and cut my grocery bill. I'm motivated to do this now and my freezers are full. I haven't been meal planning and I really don't know what I've got in the house. It's a bad state to get in :(

Well today is s new day and I've made a good start. For tea tonight I've got cauliflower cheese...


It's ready to be put in the oven. I'm on a low carb diet and this suits me well. It's made with double cream and Wensleydale cheese. I can't use a roux like I used to because of the flour.

Out of the freezer is a beef casserole. This is a base for a meat and potato pie. I also took out a pack of shortcrust pastry to top the casserole to make a pie...


This will be eaten with half a bag of greens that needed using up...


For pudding we've got half a chocolate gateaux. We can't eat a whole one so this one has been previously cut in half. It needs using up...


Tomorrow there will be more surprises from the depths of my freezer! 

I'm hoping that my shopping will be significantly reduced this week as a result. 

Does anyone else not know what's at the bottom of their freezer? 

Mandy x


No comments:

Post a Comment