I've decided to write about my frugal meals and cooking. I don't seem to be getting many page views now, or comments, or followers :(
I suppose my posts are too boring and I talk about my life with Daisy too much for a thrifty blog, but this is me right now!
I am trying to move away from baby jars for Daisy, so have to put more thought into what we are having for tea each day. I need to be able to adapt it to suit a lactose intolerant 8 month old.
Last night we had fish pie. I always think a pie should have a pastry lid, but with fish? No thanks... I had this as child (made with tuna) and it made me feel sick! My fish pie has a potato lid. I thought I would share my recipe (if anyone out there is interested).
pack of 4 frozen pollack blocks
pack of instant parsley sauce
half a small tub single cream
small bag of potatoes
knob of butter
sprinkle of parsley
- Poach fish in water for 15 mins from frozen (that's what it said on the packet).
- Meanwhile, peel, chop and boil spuds.
- Remove fish from pan and flake into serving dish.
- Boil kettle and make up parsley sauce mix. Add to fish with most of the cream.
- Cook peas and add to fish.
- Drain and mash spuds with butter and remaining cream. Season.
- Pile on top of fish and spread with a fork. Sprinkle on parsley.
- Pop in the oven for 20 mins at 200 oC.
You could add grated cheese to the mash, but I didn't and it was lovely! This was a cheap and easy meal which made plenty for three adults and the baba.
I hope someone will take an interest!!!