Me

Me

Friday 24 May 2013

Frugal tea-time... Sausage and Bean Casserole

Hi everyone,

Last night we had sausage and bean casserole for tea:

Sausage and Bean Casserole

6 sausages (chopped into 3 pieces)
2x tins of baked beans
1tbsp worcester sauce
2tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp bbq sauce
1tbsp black treacle
black pepper

  1. Put sausages in casserole dish.
  2. Combine beans with the remaining ingredients and pour over sausages.
  3. Cover with foil and bake for 1hr at 180oC.
  4. Check on the casserole every 20mins and stir.
  5. I served it with mini jacket potatoes (new potatoes baked in the oven).
This makes a nice change from bangers and mash. It was plenty for three adults so would serve four. There isn't much sausage in there, but we are cutting down on our meat intake and the extra tin of beans makes up for it. One tin may be enough, but they could cook dry and start to stick to the dish while cooking.

I'm not normally on my laptop at the weekend, so I'll be back with another frugal recipe on Tuesday (my daughter is 18 on Monday, so I'll be a bit busy!)

Sorry about the lack of photos - I can't upload from my computer now :(

Thanks for reading,

Mandy x


2 comments:

  1. Oooh Mandy, this sounds very yummy indeed. I do like a frugal recipe and if it involves sausages then all the better. xx

    ReplyDelete