Me

Me

Monday 13 January 2014

Thrifty tip... Use up every last drop

Hi everyone, not much to say at the moment, so I thought I would start sharing my thrifty tips and ways.

Thrifty tip number 1:

Use up every last drop

This means from any bottle, jar, tin or tube. I turn my sauce bottles upside down, I add a little water to tinned tomatoes to swill out what's left, I add water to the end of shampoo/conditioner/shower gel/anti-bacterial soap/washing-up liquid bottles, I cut open tubes of toothpaste or creams to scrape out every last bit. All of these containers end up in the recycling box completely empty so nothing is wasted. 

You have paid for a whole bottle, tin, jar or tube, so it's worth spending a little time getting at it all.

          ..............................

My meal planning has gone well and we've had some really tasty meals from my new Mary berry book. I've also done a little bit of baking...


Homemade coleslaw 


Fish pie 



That's it for now, but you can find me on Instagram mandymand95

Thanks for reading 

Mandy xx

3 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you and your family. May it be full of happy times, peaceful times, good health and wealth. Wishing you strength for the other bits that life throws at you. Delicious looking recipes. Lors x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lors and the same good wishes to you xx

      Delete
  2. I would like a cookie, right now. I am loving your blog, even if I am going backwards through it. Mind you I was born in Norfolk and our "motto/saying " is, We Do Different.

    ReplyDelete