Me

Me

Monday 1 February 2016

Chicken and Leek Pie and Sunday supper...

This is what we had for Sunday lunch...


First I cooked some chicken breast strips in a little oil and added a finely chopped leek. Then I made a roux sauce by melting margarine, stirring in plain flour and slowly adding milk to the pan and mixing until I had the right consistency...


Then I dissolved two chicken oxos in a little boiling water and stirred them in to the sauce...


I added a flick of parsley and poured over the chicken and leek...


I left this to simmer until the chicken was cooked through and made the pastry lid...



This is half fat to flour with a pinch of salt. I used 8oz plain flour and 4oz of vitalite do Daisy could eat it too. Roll out and cover the pie filling. I brushed with beaten egg and baked until the pastry was golden brown and crisp...



I had a little pastry left over and dome mincemeat left from Christmas so I made a little mincemeat tart...


I've just started weaning Henry so he had carrot, broccoli and potato...


Homemade is best!!

After bathing the children we had a little supper...





The cake plate! Not much homemade here and we hardly touched it, but it's nice to have choices :) I had a salad.

Let me know if you'd like anymore of my easy recipes.

Mandy X 

3 comments:

  1. It all looks very yummy, Chicken and Leek pie is a firm favourite in my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pie looked great. Am a veggie but cook some meat dishes for my husband. May have a go at that looks easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken and leek happens a lot here too. I have used own brand cream cheese instead of making a roux sauce when in a hurry. We grow a lot of leeks (they are quite easy) so it is mega cheap!

    ReplyDelete