Me

Me

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Two recipes... Creamy Paprika Pork and Easy Chocolate Dessert

Hi everyone!

These recipes are what we had for tea last night...

Creamy Paprika Pork

1.   Brown some diced pork in a little oil and add a chopped onion, peppers and mushrooms.

2.   Add 2tsp of paprika and 1 tbsp of flour and stir. Remove from the heat.

3.   Gradually stir in half a pint of beef stock and return to the heat, stirring.

4.   Mix in a good squirt of tomato puree and season with black pepper and mixed herbs.

5.   Simmer on the top of the cooker for 45 mins to 1 hour (check pork is cooked and tender). Check it is not sticking to the pan and add more stock if necessary (I had to).

6. Stir in a small carton of double cream before serving.

We had this with boiled potatoes and green beans from the garden. I don't give exact quantities when it's my own recipes, because I am a guess and throw it in type of cook! It depends how many people you are serving and your own preferences with herbs and veg etc. This made a change from pork casserole, which is what I would normally do with diced pork. You could cook this is the oven too.



Easy Chocolate Dessert

150g marshmallows
50g butter
250g dark chocolate (I used the value kind)
4tbsp warm water
284ml carton of double cream
1tsp vanilla

1.   Melt the marshmallows, butter and chocolate with water over a gentle heat. Cool.

2.   Whisk the cream with the vanilla until firm.

3.      Fold the chocolate mix into the cream and put into serving dishes.

It is ready to eat straight away as it sets quickly with the marshmallows. Be warned...it's very rich and sickly! This is a Nigella recipe that I wrote down off one of her programmes but I can't remember which... I'm thinking maybe Nigella Express??? I didn't write down the title, so I made one up! It is easy to make and it is a chocolate dessert but I'm sure she had a proper name for it!

Sorry no photos because we ate the pork before I thought about it and I haven't presented the chocolate dessert well (we have loads left in the fridge). You could pipe cream on the top or grate chocolate etc, but I had to make dinner double quick as Daisy was hanging off my leg most of the time! She is standing up against everything now and just wants to climb.

Hope you enjoy the recipes

Mandy x 

No comments:

Post a Comment