Me

Me

Thursday 22 March 2018

Less waste

Today's project is a linen bag gifted by a vintage seller friend on Instagram. It was in a sorry state but I know I can put life back into it! I hate things going to landfill and rarely buy anything brand new these days. 


It's been soaking in vanish all day. Look at the colour of that water!!! When it's clean I wil do a few little repairs then it can be used for storage. 

Each week I will tackle a new item (I have a pile of them) to restore and put to good use. Does anyone else take on projects like this or make do and mend?

Mandy x

4 comments:

  1. I hate throwing things away that can be reused. I recently unpicked a pretty top to use as lining for a bag I made from remnant of material left from making another bag. It gives me such pleasure. It beats retail therapy any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just turned and re-faced the collars on a shirt almost 30 years old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mending or remaking things. It is just so satisfying! Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mandy
    I love mending and recycling.
    Since my DH died I read blogs but rarely comment.
    Maybe I will get back now!

    ReplyDelete