Me

Me

Wednesday 14 March 2018

Ready for spring!

I always find winter a struggle. I hate being cold and not being able to hang the washing out! The higher gas bills and need for warming comfort food. Worst of all the battle with colds. Oh yes and I hate snow!! I've been quiet over the last month from lack of motivation to do lots of thrifty cooking and baking. Everything seems so much better when the sun is shining! 

Right now my washing is out. It's chilly but windy so definitely worth it. Another load is spinning so that'll go out too. I feel  like I'm winning if the laundry is done. 

I'm always busy with the day-to-day stuff but in spare moments I'm tackling the stuff we don't need. I don't feel the need to hoard now but things do need moving on. There are many areas to sort out so I've taken one room at a time. The biggest task is paperwork. I've always kept paperwork for years but I'm sure I can let go of much of it now. The rest will be neatly filed and put away. This is a mammoth task so I've put it off! 

My reward for healing myself from my hoarding ways is to spend my spare time learning new crafts. I've bought some cross stitch kits and vintage embroidery tray cloths and tablecloth. They are my incentive to get things done. 

I've also treated myself to some vintage cooking booklets. I get stuck in a rut making the same food and baking the same cakes. There's no excuse with all the lovely recipes I have to hand. I'm excited to make changes. 

My love of all things seventies is ever growing and so is my collection of vintage items. I will share photos of Daisys vintage toys soon. 

Exciting plans are being made too. I've been busy making a dream come true. Still lots of work to be done but things are coming together for a new business venture. 

See you soon!

Mandy x

4 comments:

  1. I'd checked your blog yesterday to see if you were back and now - here you are!

    Have you thought about scanning or photographing paperwork if it's hard to decide what should go? I have to admit that I find on-line billing brilliant because invoices can be filed so much easier that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. I'll try again. Good luck with all the changes. Sounds fun :)

      Delete
  3. Just spend 15 to 30 mins sorting out paper work everyday. It helps that it will be over soon. glad your OK. I have spent 2 weeks with foot up on stool as I fell in the snow and have only walked to the drive gate once. hubby has been cooking which is boring food. have made a loaf. tomorrow will make another and cake. be interested in new

    ReplyDelete