Me

Me

Wednesday 21 March 2018

Trying out new things...

Thank you to Emma and Margaret for your ideas from yesterday :)

This morning I've been thinking about how I can organise myself to try out new things. I find it difficult to find time to do the things I love or try out new things. I want that to change. My aim is to add more routine to my evenings. Sometimes I'll do my online food shop or the ironing or other stuff that needs doing, but I'd love to make this time for me too. I have been collecting bits and bobs together to try new hobbies. I really believe it's important to have interests like that. 

Something else I love doing is testing out new recipes. I need to enjoy my huge collection of recipe books. Many of my books are vintage and the recipes are very simple, cheap and look delicious. 

So this is the plan...

I will try really hard to incorporate my normal evening chores into my day.

I will go to bed earlier and read my book. I'm currently reading 'The Darling Buds of May' I don't even manage a chapter at the moment because I'm so tired!

Each week I will try something new. This could be a baking recipe, a new knitting pattern, sewing, embroidery or cross stitch. I have many new interests. I will plan for this on a Tuesday evening and tell you all about it on the Wednesday. 

I need structure to keep me on track and hopefully this will free up time to be more creative. Do more of what you love! 

More plans tomorrow

Mandy x


.

2 comments:

  1. Have you thought about audiobooks? Many libraries will let you borrow them. You can do other things whilst you listen. I have one playing by my bedside to send me to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, sometimes I only manage to read a few words before I fall asleep and I am not caring for 2 young children, just hubby and I.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete