Me

Me

Wednesday 3 December 2014

Advent activity...day 2

Hi everyone 

Today Daisy's advent activity was to...

Bake a Christmas cake with grandma.

We slightly adapted a Mary Berry recipe to suit our family (I actually hate dried fruit so miss out a lot of Christmas foods) and baked five cakes in total. Daisy isn't scared of my mixer now so we didn't hand mix for the first time in two years! 


I soaked the fruit last night in tea (no alcohol so Daisy can eat it) and baked them today. 



 Sorry for the rubbish photo, but I was baking with a toddler and have to take photos quickly! I will add a picture of the cakes all baked tomorrow now as I'm writing this in bed! The cakes took nearly four hours to bake, then I put them in tins. I will wrap them properly tomorrow after photographing. 

I love baking with Daisy and have plans to do a whole lot more with her this month.

I'll be back tomorrow with day 3 of our advent activities...we are having so much fun already!


Thanks to those of you who responded to my question yesterday xx

Mandy xx

1 comment:

  1. I dont do a fruit cake at christmas anymore, I do a really yummy rich chocolate orange cake that keeps really well

    ReplyDelete