Me

Me

Monday 1 December 2014

December blogging...

Hi everyone,

As promised, I will be blogging throughout December. I love Christmas and ever since I was a little girl I have enjoyed the whole build up from the 1st to the 24th. I hope I can achieve this for Daisy too. We began our advent today with dairy free chocolate, but also with something a little more exciting...


Daisy has 24 envelopes to open. Each one contains a card with at least one Christmas activity for us to enjoy that day.   Today's card was...

Write a letter to Father Christmas and post it. 

We did just that! The Royal Mail do a service where you get a letter back if you send it to a particular address. So now we have to wait and see! This will be a lovely little keepsake.

I will be sharing with you what we are doing each day of our advent. Tomorrow is a baking activity (but Daisy doesn't know that yet!)

I hope you will join me :)

A lot of my posts this month will be child related so out of curiosity, do any of my readers have younger children? A simple comment below would be very useful to me so I make sure I get the balance right. There will be baking and making etc but also children's crafts which may not be relevant to you. I really don't want to lose any followers because of the children's activities. I can throw in some everyday extras if none of you are interested! Let me know what would be useful to your Christmas countdown and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for reading,

Mandy x

12 comments:

  1. The onloy child around here is 63 :) and she likes reading about what other children do even if they are sixty years younger than her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll enjoy our advent activities then xx

      Delete
  2. No children here all grown up and flown the nest, but please continue with letting us know whats in those envelopes I think its a fab idea only dont spoil it by telling us before hand I am a child at heart :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn, I will continue and I have no intention of giving sneaky previews! I only said about baking to keep my readers happy because that seems to be most popular thing I write about. X

      Delete
  3. Awwww, the advent envelope thingymebob is a great idea. x x Kiddy crafting is an excellent idea - especially for those of us who are craftily challenged - er hem. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loo, don't expect anything too fancy...I'm working at Daisy's level and I'm comfortable with that! Xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Mandy, its a while since I have been here. I love the idea of the envelopes that is such a sweet idea fingers crossed there is a reply from Father Christmas :-) Dee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, it's so good to hear from you! How are you and your family? I hope all is well with you :)

      Have a fantastic Christmas and very happy new year xxx

      Delete
  5. Hi Mandy my little boy is all grown and away at Uni, but I'm still looking forward to seeing what's in your advent envelopes. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No children here but grandchildren so I am very interested to read about Daisy and your activities.

    ReplyDelete