Me

Me

Monday 2 January 2012

The decorations are down

Well the Christmas decorations are down and packed away for another year. I haven't felt christmassy at all, when I normally love it. I'm actually glad it's over.

Today I have got my washing dry outside. I wouldn't normally dream of hanging out washing in January, but it's been so mild and windy, so it's been drying really well.

Tea today was cold beef and a lovely potato bake:

  • grease an ovenproof dish with butter
  • slice potatoes and an onion
  • layer potato and onion then repeat
  • pour over a pot of single cream (or milk)
  • sprinkle over some parsley and black pepper
  • dot with butter
  • bake for 1 hour @ 200 oC (you may need to cover with foil if the top gets too brown)
We had jelly and squirty cream for pudding.


I've got a really busy day ahead tomorrow. Steve, Ashley and Charlotte are back at work and I've got loads of housework to do.

An early start to look after Flo, so I'm off to sleep now. I always listen to my ipod because I have trouble getting off to sleep and music helps me. I will listen to Scritti Politti first then maybe The Communards or Alison Moyet or Pepsi and Shirlie. I LOVE my 80s music!!!

Night, night ...

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment