Me

Me

Sunday 1 January 2012

A new year, a new beginning ...

I'm back after three months of hell. Sadly life is still treating us badly, but I am trying to look for the positives and hope to take up my challenge again for the new year.

Since I last posted, Alice has left home (against our wishes) and I left my job. Life became too much to cope with and I was signed off with stress. Something had to give and it had to be my working life, so that I can concentrate on improving our home-life.

Christmas has been sad because Alice refuses to be in contact with us and didn't even wish us a Happy Christmas. She hasn't spoken to us since just before Christmas. She fell out with her sister, but wants nothing to do with the rest of us either. I can feel myself slipping backwards emotionally, so I am trying really hard to control it.

On the positive side - Charlotte got a puppy! She's a bulldog cross and she's gorgeous!!! She's called Flo and she's the one with the black spot on her head. She has 10 brothers and sisters! More photos to come of Flo, she has grown quite a bit since this photo was taken with some of her brothers and sisters.



Now that we are down to a single income, we really have to tighten our belts, starting now. I have been cooking from scratch everyday since finishing work. Today we had roast beef, yorkshire pudding, roasties, parsnips, broccoli, sprouts, carrots, swede and homemade gravy. The beef was bought with voucher savings from Asda. There is still quite a bit left, so we will finish that tomorrow.

I plan to keep decluttering and start to sell stuff on ebay until the carboot starts again in March. It's a slow process, but I am getting there.

What we really need to do is cut back on our electricity consumption (the bill was huge yesterday). We have done well with the gas bill, because we wrap up warm, rather than have the heating on all day.

I hope to get on and keep myself busy so things get sorted and I have less time to worry about Alice and all of our other issues.

I'm going to use this blog to keep me motivated - I need to make changes!

Until tomorrow ...

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment