Me

Me

Thursday 5 January 2012

The headache from hell

Today has been good and bad.

Yesterday was really distressing in the evening and I developed a headache. It was the sort of headache that is still there when you wake up. This morning it was still there and refused to shift with tablets. It was so bad that I tried to have a sleep this afternoon just to have a break from it. When I woke up it was still there! I really didn't fancy cooking tea because bad headaches make me feel sick too, but i forced myself to make a game pie for Steve. So tea today was:

  • Game pie, boiled potatoes, mixed veg (frozen) and savoy cabbage for Steve
  • Cheese and potato pie for me and Charlotte (my feeling poorly food and Charlotte doesn't like game), and Ashley doesn't work Fridays so I don't need to save him a dinner today.
  • Pudding - while I needed to make pastry for the pie, I decided to make a lemon meringue pie for pudding.
So not much achieved today, but I'm feeling a bit better so hopefully I'll get on really well tomorrow. My headache was brought on by stress (which I suffer with), but at teatime some of my stressing was helped, because Alice came home for a visit!!! I haven't seen her since before Christmas and she stayed for a cup of tea and a piece of my lemon meringue pie. She has promised to come home for tea tomorrow too! I'm sure that's why I feel a bit better now. If only life were simple. So that was the good part of my day. I'm trying to be positive... tomorrow will be better :-)

Thank you for reading and thank you to my new followers - I'm up to 7 now!!!

Until tomorrow...

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment