Me

Me

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Chinese style chicken...a recipe

Hi everyone!

Yesterday's tea was chinese chicken.

  1. Cut chicken into strips with scissors and brown in a little oil (I used 2 breasts for 3 adults and Daisy)
  2. Add chopped spring onions and any other suitable veg you have (I used frozen chinese stir fry veg)
  3. Continue to stir fry until the chicken and veg are cooked.
  4. Meanwhile, I followed the packet instructions and made up a bowl of chinese savoury rice (AF use up), asda cheap chicken noodles and I heated sweet chilli sauce and hoi sin sauce (both AF use up) for dipping and pouring. Daisy's chicken and veg was removed as she obviously cannot eat processed sauces.
  5. Finally, I made a little sauce to stir into the chicken stirfry - a few squirts of tom puree, some honey and a couple of dashes of soy sauce ( this was a trial and error sauce so I tasted it until it was right), this was addded to the chicken before serving.
  6. We ate the meal with prawn crackers (AF use up)
I didn't like those sauces so that's why I added the final sauce (I hate dry food). They didn't like the hoi sin because it had a lot of ginger in it, so the other jar in the cupboard will be given to my son to try. The sweet chilli went down well, as did the prawn crackers!

This recipe could be adapted to what sauce you may have to use up or what vegetables need using too.

************************************************

Jane - We had a rat after the chicken food once so we keep a poison trap down that the chickens can't access. We've never seen another one since.

Daisy woke at 4am this morning then again at 6. She was really hungry at 4 and gulped down her bottle. So it seems we are not there yet!

WELL DONE DANIEL!!!
I used to teach reception children and we celebrated all achievements and hard work, academic or otherwise. We can ask no more of children than to try their best and he obviously does that. Most importantly is for children to feel safe and happy at school. Emotional well-being has a huge effect on a child's day and is paramount to learning. You providing a stable home environment for him is reflected in his recognition from his teachers. WELL DONE TO YOU TOO!!!

I just can't stop teaching (and learning), this week I have taught Daisy to show me where her ears are! She is nearly there with hair and eyes (mine). This is why no housework gets done! She's like a little sponge, soaking everything around her up. She's interested in everything and points to things so we take a closer look. She may be slow in moving around, but she chatters now and really listens, so I think she may be like her mummy - a chatterbox!

Ironing - 20 mins a day is all I can manage at the moment!

********************************* 


Thanks for reading,

Mandy x

1 comment:

  1. HI Mandy, im trying to have a use it up month this month as we are going away in August so will be trying to save as much money as possible and grocery shopping is one area I could do with cutting back on. I have been spending large amounts on fruit for my diet as I previously mentioned and having more salads which I think are always more expensive than having a cooked meal.
    I am today going to make a "Shepherdess pie" as shown on Frugal Queens blog as I have assorted lentils and pulses in my cupboard that could be used instead of buying more meat or quorn in my case. Hubby eats meat and does not like anything vegetarian but as I haven't bought "proper" minced beef for about 2 years and use quorn mince instead and hes still unaware it cant be too bad can it :-)
    Its been far too hot to cook full meals but find that we are both starting to snack and think it will be better if I can get some bulk cooking done and portion it up for the freezer. I did manage to make a huge lasagne the other day even though it was sweltering outside (again using the quorn) and that's what hes having for his lunch today with jacket potato and the last bit of salad in the fridge.
    Thankyou for your lovely words regarding Daniel. He is coming on in leaps and bounds this year and I know his teacher is very pleased with his progress. He also got a glowing report from his headteacher who said he had done exceptionally well this last term.
    I wouldn't worry too much about the housework not being done, the housework will still be there another day but theres nothing more important than these early years with your granddaughter as the time flies by so fast and we need to make the most of it.
    take care, jane xx

    ReplyDelete