Me

Me

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Paul Weller live at Delapre, Northampton!!!

Hi everyone!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but Daisy was really struggling in the heat and we decided to watch the tv coverage waiting for the arrival of the new royal baby (I had the tv on all day and I never do that!). Daisy is trying so hard to crawl at the moment, so I let her explore on her floor mat and played loads of different games with her. She was so hot that it was better not to cuddle her too much :(

Right... Paul Weller... it was absolutely fantastic! The park is a beautiful setting and there were 7000 people there having picnics. We were a bit surprised that some people used it as a social gathering, with their backs to the stage! We didn't do that! We sang, we danced, we clapped and cheered and had such a good time together, with all our worries being taken away...a chance to forget and just get swept away by the atmosphere that an event like this brings. We felt young again (we are constantly tired because Daisy doesn't sleep very well) and I wish it could have lasted longer.

Paul Weller was as good as we expected him to be, but still so much better hearing him live. He played an assortment of songs from his long career, including his 'The Jam' and 'The Style Council' days and I sang my little heart out!  Sadly he didn't sing our wedding song, but we were happy. I took some photos, but they didn't come out very well. Being only five feet tall, I struggled to see the whole stage, but I had a gap where I had the main man in view.

This whole experience took me back to my 20s when I saw lots of bands: Space (at the Roadmenders in Northampton), Sleeper, The Bluetones, Ocean Colour Scene, my beloved Blur twice (I am a huge fan) and Paul Weller plus many other Indie bands at V96 (the first of those festivals). I would love to start seeing bands again, but it is expensive and our lovely daughter paid £80 for us to enjoy PW.

So Friday was an unexpected, special treat that we cherished every moment of...thank you Charlotte, you are so kind, generous and thoughtful xxx

*********************************************

Thank you to...

Sanny, Loo, Lors and Jane for your kind wishes xxx

Jane - I too have vinyl from that decade, I did a blog post on it! Paul Weller has aged really well, he may be grey, but he can still move well! He put his heart and soul into his performance on Friday night and I suppose that's why his gigs are sold out.

*********************************************

I hope you all had a great weekend too xxx

I had a bit of a scare at lunchtime, Daisy had an allergic reaction! The only thing it could have been was the cress I used. She has had cress with egg before and been fine, but when I looked on the tub, it said rapeseed and cress, but may contain mustard and celery! So there you go, Daisy is allergic to one of those things. She started with a rash around her mouth which spread to her left cheek. Within minutes she had huge blisters on her other cheek, which then appeared on her forehead. Her right ear was bright red too. I immediately looked her over and cleaned her face and hands. Charlotte had many allergies as a baby/toddler and was rushed to hospital after having an enormous reaction to hair dye as a teenager. Her face was like a balloon, eyes closed from the swelling and the doctor said the mouth was next! So I know what to look out for and there was no swelling, thank God! I've had medical training for using an epi-pen for a peanut allergy (specific to an individual child at school), but it's not something you can just buy, just-in-case! I will never be giving Daisy peanuts when she's older. It did scare me because she is so little, but I phoned grampy to put him on alert and would have phoned for an ambulance if she started to swell in the face. We thought it was just lactose intolerance... now we will be careful with each and every new food we give her. By the way, I put a little cress in her tuna and mayo sandwich (for vitamin c). She has just started to manage a little cut up sandwich and loves tuna. Her mayo is dairy and egg free. It's quite stressful having the responsibility of looking after someone elses baby sometimes.

Thanks for reading,

Mandy x


No comments:

Post a Comment