Here's a frugal recipe for you:
pinch of herbs
- Put the rice on to cook (we use boil-in-the-bag not proper risotto rice).
- Fry the peppers, onion and mushrooms.
- Add the cooked rice, peas, sweetcorn and herbs and stir.
- Dissolve the oxo in a little boiling water and add to rice mix.
- Add water as necessary to prevent the rice from sticking.
- Cook on a low heat until the peas are heated through and serve!
You can put any bits you have in the fridge to use up. You can add tinned chopped tomatoes too (we didn't because I don't like them!)
We had this with chicken drumsticks that had been smeared with bbq sauce - a really nice meal that hubby cooked for us. We were supposed to be having a roast, but it was just too hot - see how meal planning just doesn't work for me???
Sorry no photos of these recipes - blogger won't allow me to upload from my laptop now. My daughter's gonna try and help me resolve this.
Do you want me to carry on posting up recipes? Any requests for baking ones?