Me

Me

Friday 18 July 2014

Feeding the Family Friday...

Hi everyone,

I am hopeless at remembering to take photos of our tea! Only two so far this week...


This is Mondays tea as I was making it...chicken risotto.

The wedges meal was a really lovely recipe but I ate it before taking a photo. Here's the magazine clipping...


I'm including the recipe because it was cheap and tasty. I made my own BBQ sauce too.

Wedges and Beans with Cheese

Potatoes cut into wedges (enough to feed your family as a main dish)
1tbsp oil
A shake of paprika
1can baked beans
1-2tbsp brown sauce
3tbsp chopped parsley
100g grated cheese
BBQ sauce - 2tbsp soy sauce, 3tbsp honey, 1tbsp vinegar, 1tsp Worcester sauce, 4tbsp passata (mix together in a jug and adjust to your taste...you could add a tsp of Dijon mustard but I didn't because Daisy is allergic to mustard seeds) 

1). Toss wedges in the oil and sprinkle with paprika. Put in an ovenproof dish.

2). Bake for 30 min @ 200oC turning once, until crisp and golden.

3). Make the BBQ sauce (see above).

4). Mix together the beans, BBQ sauce, brown sauce and parsley.

5). Remove wedges from the oven and cover with the beans mixture. Sprinkle over the cheese and return to the oven for 20 mins until pale golden and bubbling.

This is well worth making!


This is the sausage and tomato bake. The recipe was requested by Jane...

Sausage and Tomato Bake

Pack of sausages (I chopped each sausage into 3 pieces)
Little oil
1 chopped leek or onion
1tbsp plain flour
Beef oxo
3floz water
Dash of Worcester sauce
1tsp mixed herbs
Tin of chopped tomatoes (I used passata)

1). Fry sausages and leek/onion in oil.

2). Add flour and cook for one minute.

3). Stir in oxo, water, Worcester, herbs and tomatoes. Bring to the boil and stir until thickened.

4). Transfer into an oven proof dish with a lid. Bake for 30 mins @ 180oC.

I served this with small baked potatoes and broccoli.

This was really lovely too.


Thanks for reading,

Mandy x


2 comments:

  1. hello mandy,
    all your meal looks good!!! Thanks for the recipe!
    Have a nice Friday,
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and welcome to my blog!

      You're welcome, I hope you enjoy the recipe x

      Delete