Me

Me

Wednesday 9 July 2014

What I've baked Wednesday...

Hi everyone

Well I've discovered that thrifty tips is my most popular of posts. Yesterday I received 400 page views! I normally get less than 50, so I'm thinking you want me to share more of these?

On to today...

Lately I've been trying to reduce my grocery spending and reduce my food waste. This means I only bake small amounts so it all gets eaten. This week Daisy and I have baked chocolate cake! Daisy was in charge of her lactose free recipe of little chocolate cakes and I made a chocolate sandwich cake...


It's a moist cake and doesn't rise much!

 
Tastes good though :)

Here's the recipe...

Dark Moist Chocolate Cake

125g marg
125g sugar
2 eggs
75g self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
3tbsp cocoa

Icing sugar, cocoa and real butter to make the icing...plus a little icing sugar to dust on the top.

Method

1). Beat the marg and sugar until pale.

2). Add beaten eggs slowly with a little flour.

3). Add remaining flour, baking powder and cocoa. Fold in.

4). Spoon into two greased and lined sandwich tins. Level the top.

5). Bake for 30mins @ 170oC until it springs back when touched. Cool.

6). Make the icing and use it to sandwich the the cake together. Dust the top with icing sugar.



Thanks for reading,

Mandy x

8 comments:

  1. Mmmm, I made a Victoria sponge yesterday just to use up some packets I had from Approved Foods. Looks lovely that chocolate cake. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good will have a go at that. usually make loaf cakes sponge not my best, tend to resemble cardboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear Phyllis! I should make more loaf cakes...right up my husbands street! I prefer a cake with lots of icing xx

      Delete
  3. Well ,I am doing baking today , i am also doing a menu plan to make my aldi shopping go as as as possible , I too had over 400 visits yesterday this usually happens at the weekend , usually having about 250 in the week , its great when that happens isn't it xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and welcome!
      The chocolate cake has all gone now so Daisy and I will be baking again this afternoon...not sure what yet!

      My meal planning is helping me to stay on track and not get bored of cooking.

      I suppose my thrifty posts are going to be more relevant to my blog because if my title, but personally I'd rather look at recipes for cake!! X

      Delete