Me

Me

Sunday 20 July 2014

Shopping Saturday...

Sorry it's late! I had a lazy day yesterday, no shopping, no carbooting. We were up really early (4am) with the thunderstorms. 

I have shopped today in Asda and last Sunday we received our first online shop for quite a while. We have switched to weekly shopping...one week online and one week instore. This is hopefully a change for the better. Our fruit, veg and salad bits are fresher and we don't run out of sandwich fillings. My meal planning which is saving us money and helping us to eat healthier, means I have a list and I'm sticking to it! Last fortnight our shopping trip was fast and cheaper. Today was slow... The Asda at Leamington Spa is being refitted and EVERYTHING has been moved around. It was so disorientating. 

Last Sunday I photographed my shop. It's so good to see just how much fresh food we are buying now. Here is what we got...


These photos didn't improve with or without the flash on, but you get the picture.


Dairy and other fresh foods.


Bread and meat. I only buy what I need now...not stockpiling anymore.


Store cupboard and other bits and bobs.

I'm not going to photograph my grocery shopping every week, but it does show how my shopping habits are changing for the better. Having a meal plan...then a list really stops impulse buying and saves money.

Thanks for reading,

Mandy x

1 comment:

  1. I have a meal plan and send the husband shopping. Of the two of us, he is the one capable of taking a list and buying ONLY what's on it; I still wander around and think, "Oh yes I need that, one of those would be useful, I've wanted to try that for ages...."
    Sending him is the best budget move I make.

    ReplyDelete