Me

Me

Thursday 3 July 2014

Thrifty Thursday...

Hi everyone

Thursdays are going to be all about what I've done to be thrifty that week.

Some things I do each and every day without thinking about it and these will be shared in my Tuesday Top Tips. Thrifty Thursday is for out of the ordinary stuff. This is what I've been up to this week...

Fresh, homegrown strawberries from my garden...delicious and cost very little...Daisy's favourite!

A maclaren Cath Kidston stroller purchased for £10. It was filthy!! Daisy and I scrubbed it and left it outside to dry. I washed everything else in the machine...

It came up a lot better but sadly still some black mildew spots (thank you lovely Sara ...aka...a frugal wife for all your help and advice xx) remaining. 

The other view of the stroller ended up at the top and I couldn't seem to move it here or delete it! Bella Tweenie is quite comfy there!

This is going to be kept in Charlotte's car for when we go out with her. 

Another thrifty thing I've done this week...I bought some living lettuce.,.


We get through a lot of salad bits, especially lettuce. These are lovely salad leaves and last a lot longer than a single lettuce. I will definitely be doing this again. I did plant some lettuces (kindly given to me) but nothing happened :(
Not sure what I did wrong, but they didn't grow. 

I really want to get better at growing my own veg, especially salad things. I need to dedicate more time to the garden! 

What have you done this week to be thrifty?

Thanks for reading,

Mandy x

6 comments:

  1. Another thrifty post Mandy, I grow salad leaves in a seed tray on about 2 inches of compost. I get 3 cuts before it is exhausted and I try to have 3 trays on the go so there are always leaves to cut. I have a stack of gardening books, if you would like one send me your address by email and I will send you one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you lovely lady Pam x

      I too have loads of gardening books in the house belonging to my husband! I just don't bother to read them because recipe/cookery books are my thing :)

      A lesson learnt eh...

      The lettuces I planted were on a strip and straight into the raised bed. I'm a lazy gardener.

      Thank you for the kind offer though xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Mandy, I planted out the living lettuce into a tub and they grew fine and gave me a lot more leaves for the money. The buggy was a good bargain, I love the red spots! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and welcome to my blog.
      I bought living lettuce last year and I also planted it outside. I will put mine out tomorrow as I'm having a good sort out in my garden.

      I love red and I love polka dots x

      Delete
  3. The red polka dot stroller is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Rhonda, I love red, I love polka dots and I love cath kidston! X

      Delete